We are currently working with a well-known industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services.
The role is paying pro rata £60K and is on a Temp to Perm contract.
- With oversight and support from the Managing Director, Corporate Communications, develop and execute a PR programme for the organisation that aligns with its strategic goals and enhances its reputation
- Effectively manage the media relations programme and the press office function – forging and maintaining strong relationships with target media; proactively identifying opportunities to generate positive news, managing rapid response to incoming enquiries and relevant external announcements to ensure continued timely and positive coverage in target outlets
- Build good relationships and ensure ongoing engagement with senior internal colleagues to develop and deploy messaging, in particular the Executive Committee and Senior Management Group - ensure awareness and understanding of business activities and the policy agenda to inform PR activity – and vice versa, ensure the wider business is aware of the PR strategy and ongoing media activity
- Support key spokespeople across the organisation through the media by providing detailed briefings, attending interviews as required and ensuring the delivery of media training when required.
- Research, write, seek approval for and manage the distribution of media materials to targeted media. Content should be prepared to a high level.
- Deliver a strong, consistent programme of senior media roundtable events in London, across the UK and overseas as appropriate
- Effectively line manage the PR Executive, ensuring they have clear objectives, an appropriate and diverse range of activities in line with their JD and are well supported and integrated into the PR programme and wider organisation
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Strong experience in a PR role in-house or agency, preferably in financial or professional services or within a trade/membership body
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Good business and finance media contacts
This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent career prospects and employee benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!